In honor of the one year anniversary, The BACS are playing a game. Here are the rules from the BACS.
Step One: (My answers are in italics.)
So, get out your thinking caps, and answer the following: (the questions are in Bold)
1. When did you first read a Chesterton book, story, or poem, and which was it? I heard about Chesterton from the EWTN program a few years back. I started reading his one liners on various websites. One summer, while working at a summer camp, I listen to season 1 and 2 of the TV Show The Apostle of Common Sense about 4 or five times. I started reading him after that. The first book I read was "The Everlasting Man".
2. What was the most recent of GKC's writings you read? The Ideal of a Leisure State
3. Which is your favorite book, poem - or quote? I like any of his stuff from the London Illustrated News.
4. Which would you recommend to a beginner? anything from the London Illistrated News.
5. What is the most unusual fact or quirky detail you know about G.K.Chesterton? There is no sideways for Chesteron's size.
Answer the questions on your own blog and email a link toNancy C. Brown who is one of the Moderators of the Blog. If you don't have a blog go to the BACS and answer the questions in the comment box.
In addition to playing our game, you are required, yes- required, to celebrate in one of the following ways: have a party on the roof, eat a meal on the floor, go outside your house and knock on the front door, entering it as if you've never been there before, play a long round of gype, go out your front door, traipse around to the back door, and knock. See who answers and ask if you may come in. Have them serve you cake and ice cream. (For all Catholics-FYI-, the usual Friday abstinences are waived in lieu of the Feast Day of the Immaculate Conception--so eat hearty). In honor of the GKC BLog, have a nice glass of claret, a tall glass of beer, a nice side of beef, a big plate of sausages, and *clink* toast in honor of our biggest friend, Gilbert, without whom we wouldn't be here together.