This season, PETA is asking the question "If you wouldn't eat your dog, why eat a turkey?" I am offended by this add, in that Peta is encouraging people to try dog this holiday season. However, To answer the question easily:
- Turkey tastes good.
- Turkey is an economical meat.
- Thanksgiving just won't sound the same when Uncle Bill says, "I'll have the puppy paw. It's my favorite part."
- There isn't any other meat that will help people get through the holidays by flooding their bodies with L'Tryptophine, which in turns put them into a sleeping stupor and eases the tension.
- The Turkey Bowl would have to be renamed the Canine Bowl.
- Turkeys don't hump your leg.
- Dogs are cute and your can play fetch with them. Ever tried teaching a turkey to fetch?
- Turkey taste better than eating nothing.
Wait, which PETA is this? Is this the People for Eating Tasty Animals? How do we know dog isn't a tastier meat? Here are some reasons for trying Dog this holiday seasons:
- New wine pairings.
- Playing with your food takes on a whole new meaning.
- Better alliteration: Puppy Pie.
- You'll be awake for the final Touchdown of the Cowboys game.
- Mostly dark meat avoids the embarrassing question "light or dark meat"
- Adopt your dinner from the SPCA, no need to spade and neuter your pets.
- One word: Tur-dog-ken. I smell a new best seller.